February 24, 2018 | 7:00 pm
Bethany United Methodist Church
3511 Linkwood Drive
Houston, TX 77025
District Dinner is an opportunity for a night of fellowship and great food as we acknowledge and thank our adult volunteers for the hard work and dedication that made this year incredibly successful. Aquila District’s outstanding leaders at the unit and district levels will also be recognized. All volunteers in Aquila District are invited.
Adult registration is $16.50 for the first adult and $15 for additional adults. Youth (under 8) are $10.
Registration closes 2/20/18. Register online with credit card, electronic check or PayPal. Council refund policy.
Help us recognize Scouters who have served Aquila District youth above and beyond the call of duty.
District Award of Merit (due February 8, 2018)
The District Award of Merit is a council award that is presented by districts. The award is available to Scouters who render service of an outstanding nature at the district level.
- A nominee must be a registered Scouter who has rendered noteworthy service to youth in Scouting, outside Scouting, or both.
- The nature and value of noteworthy service to youth may consist of a single plan or decisions that contributed vitally to the lives of large numbers of youth or it may have been given to a small group over an extended period of time.
- Considerations must be given to the nominee's Scouting position and the corresponding opportunity to render outstanding service beyond the expectations of that Scouting position.
- The nominee's attitude toward and cooperation with the district, division, and/or council is to be taken into consideration.
District Award of Merit Nomination Form Previous Award Winners
Family of the Year Award (due February 15, 2018)
The Family of the Year Award is a recognition presented by the Aquila District. The award is available to all families involved in the Scouting programs as long as the adult(s) are either registered or eligible to be registered in the Boy Scouts of America and the family has at least one youth currently in the program. One family is chosen annually from those nominated.
- A family is defined as a domestic unit composed of at least two people – a parent or a guardian either registered or eligible to be registered in the Boy Scouts of America and a youth currently registered in the program.
- We desire you to think about all the families you know who contribute to the Scouting program – single-parent families and two-parent families. The nominated family must be giving noteworthy service to youth, both in the Scouting program and outside of Scouting.
- Each member should be a living example of the Scout Oath and the Scout Law and demonstrate Scout Spirit in all aspects of their daily affairs.
Family of the Year Nomination Form Previous Award Winners
Aquila Award (due February 15, 2018)
The Aquila Award is presented to Scouters who have rendered noteworthy service to the youth of Aquila District and should have contributed some service to youth in the community outside of Scouting. The service may consist of either a single action that affected a large group of youth in Scouting or service to a small group of youth for an extended period of time. Earning Scouter awards, knots and keys, as well as training, are taken into consideration, as well as the nominee’s attitude toward and cooperation with district and council.
Aquila Award Nomination Form Previous Award Winners
Unit Service Award (due February 15, 2018)
The Aquila District has designed a standard recognition to encourage packs, troops, teams, crews, and ships to recognize noteworthy contributions to unit Scouting programs by adult volunteers. This recognition is one part of a multi-part temporary patch, worn on the right pocket of the uniform shirt. It reminds the recipient of the unit’s appreciation of his or her efforts while informing others that the wearer is held in high regard by the unit.
- The unit committee may recognize one adult leader for every five registered adult leaders as of December 31 of the most recent year.
- The unit committee may choose to recognize any adult that it feels has made a noteworthy contribution to the success of the unit. The district strongly encourages recognition of trained Scouters, registered in the unit, to help assure the unit of an adequate pool of trained leaders.
Unit Service Award Nomination Form
Honor Unit (due February 15, 2018)
The Aquila Honor Unit award recognizes those packs, troops, teams, crews, and ships that conduct their Scouting programs in a manner that supports the district's efforts to earn the Journey to Excellence Award for districts through meeting the council-assigned goals in the areas of membership, finance and program.
Honor Unit Nomination Form
For questions or more information, contact the District Dinner Chair.